SubjectRe: Choppy sound in 2.1.91 (reply welcome)
> From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:14:20 +0100 (BST)
> Subject: Re: Choppy sound in 2.1.91 (reply welcome)
>
> > with sound before. I saw a patch that was to fix backwards stereo...
> > did it break something else? As I remember it it removed a "duplicate"
> > sound out type statement.
>
> It did - put it back in and see what happens. Thats one good thing about the
> source code. I'll be interested to know if you can find out what did it. I've
> been assuming up to now its because 2.1.91 is so unusably slow and always
> thrashing its disks that this is appearing.
>
> Alan

No, it is not. My machine only swaps on starting a new program. I ran
several things to make sure this is accurate. (I am sure a compile would
be different, but I didnt try that.)

I will go back through and find the patches for sound and reverse them.
I think that double call that was removed was probably the one that does
it.

Trever Adams
arabian@onramp.net

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans