SubjectRe: Plug & Pray...
On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, allspeed wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Riley Williams wrote:
>
> > Hi there.

> > > lots of pnp material have to be initialize from dos before linux
> > > can see them like my pnp sound card (opti 82c931) it's pnp and i
> > > have to boot from dos the first time then i hit ctrl-alt-del and
> > > load linux and it see the card.
> >
> > > try that if you have dos drivers for the mouse
> >
> > It's not the mouse that claims to be PnP, but the MAT on which one
> > uses it. If you can advise me what drivers I need to use with that to
> > get it working, I'd much appreciate it 8-)))
> >
> > Best wishes from Riley.
> >
> no i'm using a standard type of mouse but try to find a dos or winshit
> driver then initialize the mat with it then hit ctrl-alt-del then reload
> with linux if it detects the mat you will have to do this every time you
> reset the computer if not check if the connection is correct most of my
> pnp material are detected with linux except my sound card

Wouldn't loadlin.exe be easier then control-alt-del? Ath least that way
you can make it automatic and lass aggravating.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack
irc admin centurion.starchat.net

gmack@imag.net
innerfire@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.065 / U:0.232 seconds]