SubjectRe: hardware
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998 linker@nightshade.ml.org wrote:

# Here's why I'm flaming mad:
#
# These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format. After
# unzipping, these files can be viewed in any text editor, including
# all versions of Microsoft Word, WordPad, and Microsoft Word Viewer.
# (http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/pc99.htm)
#
# Since when can vi, joe, pico, emacs, jed, zed, MS notepad, ed, MS edlin,
# or MS dos edit read MSword files????????

Well, it _is_ Microsoft we are talking about. But what upset ME more than
producing their files in their own format is this:

(03_9905.doc)/9: Internal system modification capabilities are not
accessible to end users:

.... upgrade capabilities for RAM and CPU are not end-user accessible.

Now THIS would piss me off to no extent. I'm one of those users that
does everything himself (I built my 'puter, I built my linux system) and
now they want to take away my capabilities to upgrade my own RAM and
CPU??? Ha!! Never, I'd sooner port Linux to an abacus.