    SubjectRe: [kinda offtopic] cable modems under linux?
    You don't need suport for a cable modem in the kernel.  Cable modems area
    an external unit that your Cable Co. provides that then is hooked up to a
    10baseT ethernet card. So the ethernet card needs to be supported, but
    not the cable modem itself. As for getting the cable modem to work with
    Linux... depending on the company... they set it up for you under Windows
    and boot it and you are assigned a IP address and other tcp/ip
    information. You will then have to write this down boot Linux and enter
    in the information manually. Voila' ..... well at least that works for me
    it may be different for you... but you don't need the cable modem directly
    support just the ethernet card.
    Good Luck,

    - Jeff

    "Angel headed hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to
    the starry dynamo in the machinery of the night" -Ginsberg

    P.L.U.R. * (P)eace * (L)ove * (U)nity * (R)espect * P.L.U.R.

    The entire physical universe, including this product, may one day
    collapse back into an infinitesimally small space. Should another universe
    subsequently and spontaneously re-emerge, the existence of this message in
    that universe cannot be guaranteed.