SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Pat St. Jean wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Christophe Dupre wrote:
> >May I point out that even tough both architecture share the same bus
> >architecture (PCI), I doubt that a graphic card designed for Win98 will
> >work on an Alpha. So there will always have sane PCI cards designed for
> >alphas.
>
> And since there is a rising number of unix workstations that are have PCI
> busses (PPC, Alpha, Sun), what incentive is there to make 2 different
> versions of the same card?
But that's what will happen if the vendors will implement the Windoze GUI
elements in their hardware. THen you will end up with one S3
SpiffyBoard-WinGUI and an S3 SpiffyBoard-TheRestOfTheWorld. So this is more a
matter of software than hardware. If Windoze and Micro$loth will enforce
development of GUI-dependent hardware, then there won't be any other way to
go? Insane, imo!

best wishes, marek
---
Democracy is a government where you can say what you think even if you
don't think.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.028 / U:0.632 seconds]