SubjectRe: GGI and cli/sti in X
Linus Torvalds wrote:

> No, I'm not
> very impressed with people who think they have to rewrite the whole
> world in order to fix a few small problems.

Well, the issue of direct OpenGL rendering which was discussed about one
or two months ago is not solveable inside XFree86. The issue is graphics
context switching during task switching. It is semirelated to VC
switching. This was the reason I startet on a GGI driver for cards that
can do this in the first place.

But I don't want this discussion on linux-kernel again. I can happily
describe the scenario if someone is interested in private email.

--
Torgeir Veimo, Vertech AS,

email: Torgeir.Veimo@vertech.no, mobile: 90673881, office: +47 55563755