    SubjectRe: Clustering on Linux
    On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Sebastian Taralunga wrote:
    > || BTW: does Linux know about clusters? As far as I know, no.
    > || NT5 knows already and this makes it less prone to attacks..
    > Which proves that indeed what they understand by "clustering". But what
    > really is clustering, and does linux support it?

    *cough* beowulf/avalon *cough*

    http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/beowulf/

    linux has been clustered for a few years. and nasa is just one entity
    doing it :) the beowulf name for clustering is used at several other
    locations like caltech and los alamos.

    avalon is at:

    http://cnls.lanl.gov/avalon/

    there is a recently setup cluster. rather impressive, peaking at 19.3
    Gflops. to the best of my knowledge....nothing m$ makes does this.

    -d
    p.s. the note on slashdot says NT peaks at 4 processors. i do believe
    the avalon cluster slighly exceeds that ;)
    --
    Please read the linux/Documentation/ files and review the last week of mail
    on linux-kernel before posting your problem. --thankyou