SubjectRe: 2.1.98: mm++ SYN_SENT--
On 27 Apr 1998, Thomas Quinot wrote:

> I have been running 2.1.98 for 3 days now, and I noted a dramatic
> improvement in mm: it does not unreasonably swap for cache anymore.
>
> On the negative side: I still get sockets that incorrectly
> hang in SYN_SENT state for hours when trying to establish TCP
> connections with certain remote sites.
I've had trouble with sockets hanging (indefinantly) after a connection has
been terminated and showing a receive queue. I've also had trouble with
unkillable processes that haven taken up alot of cpu/mem, but done nothing.
This has only happened one time and I can't reproduce it :(.
> --
> Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG <URL:http://Web.FdN.FR/~tquinot/>
>

> -

Andreas/Mortiis/Dionysos
--
andreas@mnsinc.com
--
"The church bells toll a melancholy round,
Calling the people to some other prayers,
Some other gloominess, more dreadful cares,
More hearkening to the sermon's horrid sound.
Surely the mind of man is closely bound
In some black spell; seeing that each one tears
Himself from fireside joys, and Lydian airs,
And converse high of those with glory crown'd.
Still, still they toll, and I should feel a damp,--
A chill as from a tomb, did I not know
That they are dying like an outburnt lamp;
That 'tis their signing, wailing ere they go
Into oblivion;--that fresh flowers will grow,
And many glories of immortal stamp."
-- Keats "Sonnet: Written in disgust of vulgar superstition"

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans