    SubjectRe: enable_ioapic_irq broken in arch/i386/kernel/irq.c

    Hi,

    could everyone involved with this discussion please check out:

    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/testing/
    pre-patch-2.1.99-1.gz

    which is a cleanup of my previous patches wrt irq handling, and also fixes
    a real bug (we used to ACK the io-apic outside the irq-controller lock,
    which meant that the ack's we did and "ipi_pending[]" might have gotten
    out of sync - which could certainly have resulted in bad behaviour).

    This also re-enables the code that replays interrupts in enable_irq(),
    because it should be ok now that the rest of the code is cleaned up.
    People that had the earlier problem with locking up with floppies, please
    test: if this re-introduces the lockup, please just #if 0 out all the code
    inside trigger_pending_irqs(), and send me a note telling me that that
    code still doesn't work.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.018 / U:124.804 seconds]