SubjectRe: 2.1.98 Netscape hangs and more
Date
> > Shouldn't there be some kind of sanity check? If yes, I'll submit a
> > patch...
>
> Yes, there should, IMHO. I made a similar patch at one point, but it'll be
> fairly out of date now, and it's simple enough to make, so I'll let you do it
> again :)

It is normally far better to export a "no_read_super" function or similar
than to use NULL. A "no_*" function removes the if conditional from the
critical path for other modules using it, and is normally about as fast for
modules that are not - ok read_super isnt the most critical function on
the planet speedwise but its a general point to consider - see sock_no_*
in the 2.1.x socket code

Alan
Knowledge is power \\ Free Software, Free Speech
Information is a weapon \\ Free Information, Free Association
Truth is an inconvenience \\ Free Thought, Free World
Welcome to the corporate mindset \\inux Free Your Mind

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.026 / U:1.064 seconds]