    SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.98..
    Date
    > Saying each time "while Linus is in diaperville everyone just use the
    > CVS tree" is wrong, because it's nice for the moment and for the
    > developers who want to get their stuff in quickly "somewhere" (and

    I meant for people who wanted to _test_ current networking/sound/video
    while Linus is out.

    > here is where the Linus model breaks down, there is no "somewhere" to
    > queue your patches in some semi-permanent manner, we've tried to do
    > that with vger for a while, but it breaks down) but later it's a pain
    > in the ass for me and for Linus because I have to split up 2MB of
    > diffs each round and get them to him cleanly, and worse yet some of
    > these patches end up overlapping so sending completely clean stuff is
    > an utter nightmare.

    There isnt an answer to this one unless Linus changes his way of working
    and we find a way we can do that without losing the advantages of the Linus
    Torvalds bogoid code filter or someone teaches him to use a condom ;)

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.029 / U:29.880 seconds]