    SubjectRe: Did anyone else notice?
    On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Dossy wrote:

    > > > True, although I think international date format is nicer; especially
    > > > since it is monotonic.
    > >
    > > It has an implicit year 10,000 problem
    > Although that _might_ be a theoretical concern, I really don't believe
    > you _said_ that, Alan. =)
    > The thought that we'll survive another 8k years is more than optimistic,
    > in my book. And more likely than not we'll probably end up re-numbering
    > our years within the next millenium, like going from BCE to AD, we'll
    > probably go from AD to AA (after armageddon?) or somesuch nonsense.

    But now, before armageddon, we must consider that we will be outlived by
    nuclear-powered linux boxes. And we want the aliens who discover them to
    be impressed that after 15000 years they are still running! :)

    | | UNIX _is_ user-friendly. It's just not |
    | By-Tor@EfNet | ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly. |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.018 / U:0.924 seconds]