SubjectEnhanced access control for 2.0.33 kernel
This text has been posted to comp.os.linux.development.system recently.
I got the hint to send it to this mailing list, so I do now. Please reply
as E-Mail, too, because I am not (yet) member of this list. (What do I
have to do to become member?)

--- 8< cut -------------------------

In my Diplomarbeit (master thesis) I implemented a rather new way of
access control system into the linux kernel, following the Generalized
Framework for Access Control. The system devides access control in
enforcement, done in the system calls, and decision, done in separate
modules, one for each implemented security model.·

So far four security models have been implemented, including (most of)
Bell-La Padula Mandatory Access Control and Simone Fischer-Huebner's
complex Privacy Model - nearly every policy should be possible.·

Now my Diplomarbeit is finished and the whole system works quite well, but
I will go on with it as a project. If anyone is interested, please test it
and give me some feedback, or even better, help me developing it.·

The package was named Rule Set Based Access Control and consists of a
version dependant kernel patch (currently for 2.0.33) and a set of rather
simple administration tools - dialog menu based tools are in progress.
Further information and the package can be found at the RSBAC homepage:·
http://agn-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/people/1ott/rsbac·

Sure you can give me a note and I will send something by E-Mail, if you
have no WWW access.·

Amon.·

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.051 / U:0.064 seconds]