    SubjectRe: enable_ioapic_irq broken in arch/i386/kernel/irq.c

    Dave@imladris.demon.co.uk said:
    > Is your fix still working OK, and could anyone tell us why it was
    > originally defined out?

    OK, I'm replying to my own post, but I've just made a beermat and I'm pissed
    off, so I don't care.

    The answer would appear to be that it helps a bit, but there are still lockups.

    It seemed happy grabbing video (to SCSI), and I have some wonderful AVI files
    of me waving at a camera to prove it. That's definitely an improvement,
    because it was repeatably locking up before.

    It also managed to get all the way through reading an audio CD from a SCSI
    drive to an IDE HD, but unfortunately I got a complete lockup about 10% through
    writing it back again.

    Having booted with "nosmp", it has written the CD without dying.

    Ideas, anyone?

    David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England. (+44) 0976 658355
    Dave@imladris.demon.co.uk http://www.imladris.demon.co.uk
    finger pgp@dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk for PGP key.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:2.251 / U:0.744 seconds]