SubjectRe: Digest patches mess up e-mail
Mike Black wrote:

> I've noticed for the last several months that when I get a linux-kernel
> digest it truncates whenever someone attaches a patch. As long as there's
> no patch I get the entire digest.
>
> I'm running Outlook Express and I don't think it's a problem on my end
> (although I haven't thoroughly checked this yet). Has anybody else seen
> this?

I've noticed a few digests that end with large patches, but there's no good way to tell if they've been truncated. Plenty of other digests include patches in the middle and continue on with more messages in them, so the digest software isn't truncating on every
patch, certainly. Have you tried checking your e-mail with Netscape, Eudora, Pine, etc? It's possible that OE is misinterpreting attachments to the messages inside the digest and ignoring everything after them.

I'm using Netscape Communicator 4.05 (Linux x86 libc5 version - glibc2 lets the compose key work in Composer but screws up plugins and forms).

-- brion vibber (brion@pobox.com)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.095 / U:0.016 seconds]