    Subjectdaemon-less kmod & Alpha no-go!

    After doing a full day's battle with the latest version of Adam's
    no-daemon kmod on my Alpha UDB, I'm stumped.

    By placing printk's in the kernel and printf's in modprobe, I can verify
    that modprobe is definitely getting called with the correct arguments.
    However, it simply refuses to _do_ anything! In spite of this, the
    execve() call gets back a successful status, so no complaints are issued.

    The same code works splendidly on my two Intel boxes, so I suspect the
    problem is related to the context created by the kernel execve() call on
    Alpha linux. And, yes, the stock kmod in 2.1.97 works fine.

    I'm open to suggestions for tracking this down.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.017 / U:27.240 seconds]