SubjectRe: PPP dialin (pppd) not routing some of our IPs. Help!
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Tony Toole wrote:
> Hello there, we are a small ISP and are moving from NT to Linux. We have
> some very frustrating problems with PPP dialin (via pppd) and need some
> assistance.
>
> We have a class 'C' network, currently allocating 16 IPs to the new Linux
> box, which will be used for dialin lines. (Via an Equinox modem pool, which
> works great)
> The problem we are having is that some of our IPs are not being routed when
> we dial into them, using Win95's TCP/IP dialout. (IE. We can't ping the
> net, only the host dialin server).
[rest snipped]

Have you enabled IP forwarding? If not, do echo "1"
>/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwarding (ip_forward on some versions) to enable
it. (Note: You also need to say "y" to the "IP: advanced router"
question in the kernel config. If you're not using self-compiled
kernels, you should be -- I'm guessing that you're going to want to play
with the network configuration quite a bit. <G>)

-=- James Mastros

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.145 / U:0.176 seconds]