    Subjectthe list is broken
    On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Brian Weiss wrote:
    > I hope this helps some people who missed the post with the actual patch in
    > it.

    i do believe the list is broken. over the last month i have been watching
    carefully and have noted dozens of replies to messages that have not been
    received.

    recently, i posted a patch to kmod.c and several of us from around the
    globe were discussing the list. two people saw my patch, four people
    never got it. for several months past, i would never see Linus post the
    announcement of a new kernel, but replies to his announcement would show
    up.

    finding and fixing where it is broken will be quite the arduous task. is
    there a means of looking for "missing" email flow in the normal ops? i.e.
    mail from region A isn't being received in region D?

    as the list grows and more people start posting to it, the visibility of
    the brokeness will emerge.

    [to the list owner and exploders]
    what can we do to help find and fix this?

    -d

    --
    Please read the linux/Documentation/ files and review the last week of mail
    on linux-kernel before posting your problem. --thankyou