    SubjectImproving Ext2 Reliability

    Hello all...

    I have a few Squid Internet Object cache servers which handle several
    thousand requests for data on the server per hour. Whenever this machine
    reboots, it always has problems on disk which it has to correct.

    It takes close to half an hour to scan all 9+ gigs of diskspace, which in
    itself isn't a good thing. Usually the boot requires us to go into single
    mode and scan it manually. Most of the problems e2fsck fixes are due to
    duplicated blocks.

    Is there anything I can do to improve this? 30 minutes seems like an
    eternity for such an important service.

    [Linux 2.0.34p7 + newest e2fs tools]

    Jordan Mendelson :
    Web Services, Inc. :

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.030 / U:5.180 seconds]