    SubjectRe: T/TCP: Syn and RST Cookies
       Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 16:47:50 +0100 (IST)
    From: Kent Brockman <heathclf@skynet.csn.ul.ie>

    au contraire, for my final year project I have to implement T/TCP
    for linux, its almost done (not perfect) and I'll be making a patch
    available within the next week or two. Unfortunately it's only for
    the 2.0.32 kernel (the 2.1.x weren't stable enough), but with minor
    modifications, it should work with 2.0.33 and 2.0.34 when
    available.

    I imagine the implementation for 2.0.x was a mess. Porting it to
    current 2.1.x should be a breath of fresh air in comparison.

    I know the current spec for T/TCP has a lot of opposition, but for
    research purposes, are there any more problems with it, besides SYN
    flood attacks and rlogin authentication problems?

    There are corner case bugs with transactions being played twice
    etc. and this was proven by some researchers at MIT if I remember
    correctly.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.018 / U:31.448 seconds]