   Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 16:47:50 +0100 (IST)
From: Kent Brockman <>

au contraire, for my final year project I have to implement T/TCP
for linux, its almost done (not perfect) and I'll be making a patch
available within the next week or two. Unfortunately it's only for
the 2.0.32 kernel (the 2.1.x weren't stable enough), but with minor
modifications, it should work with 2.0.33 and 2.0.34 when

I imagine the implementation for 2.0.x was a mess. Porting it to
current 2.1.x should be a breath of fresh air in comparison.

I know the current spec for T/TCP has a lot of opposition, but for
research purposes, are there any more problems with it, besides SYN
flood attacks and rlogin authentication problems?

There are corner case bugs with transactions being played twice
etc. and this was proven by some researchers at MIT if I remember

David S. Miller