SubjectRe: I want my old SCSI order back :-)

Not having this problem now, but having run into similar annoying
problems when adding/removing partitions and harddrives in the past,
thus screwing up the fstab alltogether, perhaps it's an idea to have an
option that can force a specific order of devices - making newly added
devices always show up end the end of the /dev/hdS|/dev/sdS list...
Perhaps a pri/sec/mas/slv & scsiID <> /dev/-order mapping file in /etc that
performs a remount of devices once it's accessable, or a tag in the
partitiontable(s) somewhere ?
Well, lemme know if you think it's a stupid idea... but I would like such
a feature...

Michel.

--
Michel van der Laan - michel@nijenrode.nl