SubjectRe: Lost keypresses [was Re: GGI and cli/sti in X]

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Hans Lermen wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > The fact XFree people are saying even _less_ than the Opengroup guys is
> > extremely disturbing
>
> There _was_ a posting of XFree vice presendent (Dirk Hohndel) on this
> list a few days ago. Seems you missed it.

And interestingly enough, I responded to a similar remark from Alan
before, directly to Alan.

So, Alan, is there any particular reason why you are trying to get
sentiment up against XFree86?

XFree86 will continue to be freely available. This is an official
statement from XFree86. And I believe that it leaves not all that much
room for interpretation or misunderstanding.

If you think that this is not explicit enough, or if you feel that this
does not answer your question whether XFree86 will continue to be freely
available, please send these questions to BOD@XFree86.Org (and Cc whom
ever you think should know about this). But please quit claiming that we
have not made our position clear.

Dirk

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.107 / U:0.252 seconds]