    SubjectRe: Strange hangs (me too!!!)
       At crash time, I was doing a recursive diff between a CD I've read after I
    burned it, and the original source directory. Since it was wait time, I
    decided to start the X server, just to do some surfing while I was idle.
    Stop. No messages logged. If that helps, I've loaded a modularized sr_mod
    driver for the SCSI CD.

    I get this sort of crash once every 20 or so times I start the
    Millenium II X server, both the official XFree86 version and the XSuSE
    version. It doesn't matter what I'm doing at the time, apparently. I
    fixed the problem by disabling Ctrl+Alt+Backspace and starting xdm at
    boot time; that way it only gets started once per boot (I only reboot
    once per week or so).

    I've reported this to the XFree86 people but they apparently ignored
    the report.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.018 / U:1.184 seconds]