    SubjectRe: Sporadious hang on 2.0.3[0,1,2,3,4pre2]
    Date
    > I've been running 2.0.33+tcpdebug for 5 days until it crashed (sorry, I
    > was in a hurry so I just rebooted the machine without inspecting it further).
    >
    > The machine locked up completely and filled the console with
    > messages like:
    >
    > .... couldn't get a free skbuff ...
    > .... couldn't get a free page ...
    >
    > There was no output from the debug-skbuff in the logs.

    That one is a machine running totally out of memory. Would it be reasonable
    to expect it to run out of memory ?

    > Let's assume that at least my problem here is related to a defective
    > skbuff list caused by some other kernel-code, maybe not even the networking-
    > code. What about adding some kind of CRC to each skbuff head and walking
    > down the whole list upon free_skb()/alloc_skb() (is it a list and is this
    > possible?) and possibly on other frequently called places in the kernel,

    Thats sort of what the tcp debug does. There is magic in each sk_buff which
    is checked by all the low level sk_buff handlign routines.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.021 / U:120.388 seconds]