    SubjectRe: Interrupts with SMP defined
    On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Thomas Schenk wrote:
    > Dave,
    > I believe if you read the message from Chris again, you will find
    > that he is not proposing that he use the code above, but that the 2.0.33
    > kernel already contains code that does this. Can you suggest how to
    > correct the problem?
    > Tom

    The situation I was describing exists in the scsi code of the 2.1.88
    kernel. The function do_sd_request in drivers/scsi/sd.c makes a call
    to scsi_allocate_device in a section of code protected by a
    spin_lock_irqsave(&io_request_lock, flags). scsi_allocate_device then
    does the save_flags, restore_flags which turns interupts back on. On my
    system this results in a hang when there is an ide interupt in
    the section where interupts should be off because the ide interrupt
    handler tries a spin_lock_irqsave(&io_request_lock, flags).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:110.036 seconds]