    SubjectRe: General Question...
    Date
    > zero?  I know, it's not SUPPOSED to happen, but saying it did, should the
    > kernel halt and die, or try to kill off processes trying to malloc more
    > memory, or what?

    It should start killing processes as they allocate stuff. That can have
    bad effects if it happens to pick X11 [yes back to that topic again its
    another reason for a little kernel side mode switching]

    > and 50 megs of swap. My computer locked hard. Couldn't get in through
    > telnet, either. Is this supposed to happen? Is there a known problem

    No that means someone has a bug in the vm code probably too

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.017 / U:62.108 seconds]