    SubjectRe: threaded FS-drivers
    Hello!

    In article <m0xzU5P-001DCmC@valiant.koehntopp.de> you write:
    >[...]

    >For certain applications (multiple concurrent accesses on very
    >large files as generated by database applications) it can be
    >desireable to support finer grained locks than on inode level.

    >[...]

    Have a look at the fcntl(2) man page. I think Linux has already
    supported POSIX style locks on parts of files for a long time (since
    when the version numbers begun with 1., at least) :-)

    But I think the thread was about the in kernel locking mechanisms
    to protect transactions in the filesystem implementation from concurrent
    operations.

    Regards, Felix.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.022 / U:0.360 seconds]