SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

> Alan Cox writes:
> > [Content free flamewar parts of message ruthlessly edited] (most of them)
>
> :-)
;-)))))))

> > > No. I won't buy shitty cards designed for Windows 98. Just the same as I won't
> > > buy a GUI printer or WinModem. You will? They you'll be sorry.
> >
> > Then you won't have a PC fairly soon. Nobody needs text mode, people are
> > starting to emulate it by default and Linux has a fine frame buffer console
> > without KGI/GGI getting much involved. If you want to support Japanese on
> > the console I suspect it will also be somewhat useful (text mode is a bit
> > small in fonts).
>
> Yes, unfortunately you don't get to choose what the manufacturers
> make. If you can't buy anything but "shitty cards designed for Windows
> 98", what are you going to do? Trade in for an abacus?
No, I'll sell my PC and buy some decent Alpha machine (or whatever there will
be running Linux). I hope this world has enough common sense to defend itself
from the braindamage of Micro$oft...

best wishes, marek
---
Arguments are extremely vulgar, for everyone in good society holds exactly
the same opinion
Oscar Wilde

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.916 / U:0.192 seconds]