    SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
    On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

    > Alan Cox writes:
    > > [Content free flamewar parts of message ruthlessly edited] (most of them)
    > :-)

    > > > No. I won't buy shitty cards designed for Windows 98. Just the same as I won't
    > > > buy a GUI printer or WinModem. You will? They you'll be sorry.
    > >
    > > Then you won't have a PC fairly soon. Nobody needs text mode, people are
    > > starting to emulate it by default and Linux has a fine frame buffer console
    > > without KGI/GGI getting much involved. If you want to support Japanese on
    > > the console I suspect it will also be somewhat useful (text mode is a bit
    > > small in fonts).
    > Yes, unfortunately you don't get to choose what the manufacturers
    > make. If you can't buy anything but "shitty cards designed for Windows
    > 98", what are you going to do? Trade in for an abacus?
    No, I'll sell my PC and buy some decent Alpha machine (or whatever there will
    be running Linux). I hope this world has enough common sense to defend itself
    from the braindamage of Micro$oft...

    best wishes, marek
    Arguments are extremely vulgar, for everyone in good society holds exactly
    the same opinion
    Oscar Wilde

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.021 / U:8.176 seconds]