    SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
    On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Marek Habersack wrote:

    > > Without GGI, the promise of games doesn't look good. Without GGI, graphical
    > > console programs will remain messily bound to the hardware, without GGI, I'm
    > > worried that Linux will lose its competitive edge. But I could be totally
    > > wrong about this! And who would know unless we all started talking about it?
    > Is graphics all that counts in the world? Linux wins on all the other fields -
    > speed, security, efficiency, hardware support, software available, support,
    > price - all that is much more important than graphics, IMHO (but that's just
    > it - MHO)

    hmm You left out stability, perhapse whith good reson? The 2 other ppl
    who use this machine have crashed the console more times then I can count.
    The way things are now are just plain broken, something needs to be done
    about it, if not ggi then something else.
    Gerhard

    --
    Gerhard Mack
    gmack@imag.net

    As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:30.064 seconds]