SubjectRe: Notification to user-space upon CD eject button being pressed?
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Is it possible for a user-space program to receive notification when the eject
> button is pressed on a CD drive?
>
> It would be useful for automountd to automatically unmount and eject CDs when
> the eject button is pressed.
With IDE CDs, anyway, it isn't possible for us to do this -- the drive
doesn't tell us. We can have the drive be locked or unlocked, but in
unlocked position, it ejects before telling us anything, and in locked
position, it doesn't tell us when the button is pressed.

We could poll the drive for a change (which is what win95 does, AFAIK),
but that is VERY inefficient.

-=- James Mastros

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.046 / U:0.048 seconds]