    Subject[OFFTOPIC?] LILO and Windows NT
    Hello.

    Excuse this posting, as it may be offtopic for the Kernel list, but I
    don't know where else to post such a question.

    Here's my situation: I have on my computer several (okay, many)
    partitions. Most of them are Win95 partitions, one is for Linux, one is
    for the Linux swap, and one more is a Windows NT partition. A while ago,
    I reformatted my Win95 boot partition, unknowingly erasing my access to
    Windows NT and Linux in the process (luckily I had my handy-dandy Linux
    boot disk right next to me....) Previously, I was using LILO to switch
    between Linux and the Win95 partition, then the Windows NT boot manager
    would kick in to ask me whether I really meant Win95 or did I mean
    WinNT. Now, of course, the WinNT boot manager isn't there anymore, and
    since I don't have my WinNT CD handy--and plus I prefer it this way--I
    was wondering if there was a method of getting LILO to recognize the
    WinNT partition as bootable. I've run LILO several times normally, just
    as if I were updating the Kernel version, but it only finds the Linux
    and Win95 partitions. Is there a special way of making it find the WinNT
    partition, or am I out of luck here?

    Thank you all,
    Mathew Burrack

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.019 / U:90.408 seconds]