    SubjectRe: Fix for thread+network crashes in 2.0/2.1?

    Hello,

    A N Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru> writes:

    >> sock->wait wait are supressed. But what happens if the task is
    >> awoken up by means of another wait queue (likely to occur in
    >> select, as this is made for waiting waiting on multiple
    >> different fd's).

    > Protocols do not sleep (with one exception - netlink) on socket
    > owned by another process, so that get_fd()...put_fd()

    Well, I was thinking of a task creating a socket, then doing a fork,
    and then both tasks doing a select involving the common socket and some
    non-common files. Then the poll tables of both tasks would both refer
    the shared socket's sock->wait, won't they?

    As with the x.25 problem: I've checked by means of printk()'s at the very end
    of x25_release(), that the socket's wait queue is empty before exiting
    and the the socket->inode->i_count is always 2. Nevertheless,
    it crashes with corrupted sock->wait wait queue in select()'s free_wait().

    The select also monitors a pty file descriptor. Maybe the problem is not
    caused by af_x25 but by somethink else. Are there certain kinds of bugs
    that are known to likly cause socket wait queue corruptions?

    Henner

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.024 / U:93.580 seconds]