    SubjectRe: x86 memsize > 1Gb patches.

    > > Are such interface changes worth the performance penalty they incur?
    > IMHO, yes.
    > Stability and safety can go first when inserting binary drivers.
    > We could, however, have two versions:
    > - one fast inlined one for the kernel code
    > - one slower non-inlined version for external drivers

    Stability and safety is fulfiled even in the solution I proposed -- modules
    compiled for different kernel settings could not be inserted.

    Have a nice fortnight
    Martin `MJ' Mares <>
    "Application WINDOWS caused error 0: `No error' and will be aborted."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.017 / U:6.460 seconds]