    SubjectRe: Possible hardware failure? Cryptic kernel messages...
    On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, George Bonser wrote:

    > On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Noah Beck wrote:
    >
    > > I've never seen those sorts of errors without bad hardware present.
    > > I would:
    >
    > Well, it was a brand new drive in my case. It looks like it starts doing
    > it under heavy activity and once it gets into that state, nothing will
    > clear it except a hard power cycle. The reset button will not even clear
    > the fault in the drive.

    Get a program to check the hd (from the manufacturer's web site usually) to
    make sure there isn't something wrong with the drive. I had a drive that
    did the same thing but was replaced as soon as I called tech support.

    --
    Gerhard Mack
    gmack@imag.net

    As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans