SubjectRe: re-detect SCSi bus?
I am not a big fan of Win95 but it does seem to handle device rescanning
more gracefully. Devices (SCSI and others) not turned on or connected
at boot can be detected by going to Control panel, System, Device
manager, and selecting the refresh icon. It works! I turned my SCSI
scanner off at boot and this method found it just fine - also a
removeable hard drive.

This is particulary useful when using removeable hard drives - standard
drives in a removeable case - used for backup or whatever - that would
not normally be turned on at boot.

Why couldn't the kernel automatically scan for a device via the mount
command if it is not initially detected - could be a command line option.
I guess the relationship of device name to actual SCSI adress parameters
would not be known - but then how does Win95 do it.....

Doug

* Doug Crompton *
* Richboro, PA 18954 *
* 215-355-5307 *