    Subjectkmod fix
    > Thats fairly horrible to get right. You also have to cope with two parallel
    > module loads going on and the case where the second kernel fork fails because
    > you are out of processes

    After looking at the problem last night, I got the feeling that
    there are three cases:

    1. a single module is requested (it might have many dependencies but
    only one is passed through the request_module function)

    2. a module is requested and loaded. Later this module loads
    other modules (ppp works this way, i think)

    3. a module is requested and while loading, requests another
    module be loaded

    Assuming that this is a correct analysis, case number 3 is the
    real problem. Number 1 and 2 are already handled by kmod. I spent
    a while last night trying to create a patch to kmod that would solve
    number 3 but feel like fixing the offending modules would be easier.
    Now, anyone know how correct the above analysis is? I didn't
    have a chance to look at the "offending" modules much (but will certainly
    be doing that tonight).

    Kirk Petersen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.019 / U:1.828 seconds]