SubjectRe: 2.1.89 rtc.c on alpha and ip forwarding

asun@saul5.u.washington.edu said:
> second, it looks like rtc.c has been severely munged to do almost
> nothing on the alpha. i remember modifying it a while back to actually
> work properly for my udb by using the interval timer for system ticks
> instead of the rtc. if i recall correctly, it also worked pretty well
> for others as well. so, is there some real reason why all these
> #ifndef alpha's exist now in rtc.c?

Hmmm. That'd be me then. I just ported the alpha-patches-2.0.32 found on
ftp.digital.com to 2.1.x to add support for some new platforms. Those patches
contained all the changes to rtc.c, and I ported that section to 2.1.x at the
same time, in an attempt to make the system clock run sensibly on our SX164.

AFAICT, CONFIG_RTC on the Alpha seems to make the machine use the RTC for its
system clock, rather than the original timer.
Hence the extra RTC functionality isn't available, because the RTC hardware is
already busy. So it's #ifdef'd out.

David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England. (+44) 0976 658355
Dave@imladris.demon.co.uk http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
finger pgp@dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk for PGP key.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.025 / U:0.012 seconds]