    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] 2 Questions about Linux

    > This just came up because I feel myself working towards devoting my
    > life to free software (career wise anyhow), and asked myself the
    > important question: How do you make money and support a thriving
    > business off of free software, especially if you are developing it,
    > posting it on an FTP site for download, and selling it on CD; why
    > would people buy it? (This is rhetorical :)

    Consulting - I install file/mail servers and internet hookups. Linux
    is perfect for it because I can charge less than a comparable NT solution
    for two reasons:

    1) NT is expensive
    2) Remote Access is difficult/expensive with NT; on site visits cost $$$

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:5.392 / U:0.168 seconds]