SubjectRe: 2.1.X and its separation from the Linux User base

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Have tried to run a 2.1.X kernel during the burn-in phase of a new server
> > but quickly had to switch back to 2.0.X due to problems with networking.
>
> Yep. And 2.1.x is gradually stabilising now. Getting the TCP fixed is the
> next big step. At that point most kernel, fs and network core code is stable.

What exactly is wrong with the TCP code? In reference to my T/TCP project
I decided to develop it on the 2.1 series, as the timescale and windowing
options were already implemented, are these something that isn't working?

I'm also having trouble with the tcp_build_options function in the file
/usr/src/linux/include/net/tcp.h
I'm trying to add in extra options into the header of the TCP/IP packet,
and the options are being added (I have a printk in there) but tcpdump
doesn't show the options in the packet leaving the machine. It works in
the tcp_syn_build_options function though. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Mark Stacey

... and that's my two cents.

knowledge, n.:
Things you believe.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.433 / U:0.008 seconds]