    From said:
    > Since you have an Alpha machine to work and and test with, why don't
    > you coordinate the effort to get the various patches merged into the
    > 2.1.xx stream? I've seen postings here from a number of Alpha users,
    > so there is an active user base to support. Seems like it just needs a
    > push to get things done ..

    Hehehe - now why didn't I guess you'd suggest that - ISTR a simple fix to ncpfs
    ended up taking a fortnight, too :)

    My original reason for not doing all the new platforms was because I don't
    have test machines for anything but SX164, and I didn't expect to get it to
    work without extensive debugging. As it happened, I was shocked to find it
    worked first time!

    So maybe I will have a go at porting the others. Looking more closely, I see
    that there are only two that aren't already in 2.1.85: LX164 and Ruffian.
    They both look quite simple, now I'm vaguely aware of what I'm doing (and I
    _do_ mean vaguely).

    I'm going to need a volunteer with either an LX164 or a "Ruffian" board to test
    my attempts, though. I'll happily receive either machine at the address below.

    Alternatively, just mail me if you have such a beast, and I'll send you the
    patches when I've done them.

    David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England. (+44) 0976 658355
    finger for PGP key.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.018 / U:116.196 seconds]