SubjectRe: challenge for linux-SMP hackers
Date
> couple of discussions with NCR techs (in comp.sys.ncr) and even a message
> from someone at Intel, I found the reason. NCR was doing SMP before the
> Intel SMP specification came out. Therefore its SMP solution is unique
> and Linux (at this time) doesn't support it.
>
> It would be cool to get it working though!!

If you can get documentation from NCR on how they did it its probably not
that hard to do given the hardware. The other NCR may well be newer than
yours - the fact it does behave differently running SMP suggests this is
the case.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.046 / U:0.244 seconds]