    SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
    At 10:45 AM +0000 2/27/98, Alan Cox wrote:
    >> routing all tty IO through EvStack, ever. Only serial lines that are
    >> somehow (?) dedicated as keyboard input devices feed into EvStack and
    >> bypass the tty line
    >> disc. layer directly. Jason even gave a pseudo patch later:
    >I assume what you are actually doing is making your GGI-Keyboard a
    >line discipline in itself like PPP, SLIP, tty - which is nice and clean

    No, I'm not going to make a GGI keyboard hack, Alan. I'm rather addicted to
    the fbdev solution (no flame, that's just what I happen to work on most of
    the time.

    Geert's multihead support for fbcon lacks multiple keyboard (and mouse)
    And I feel there should be a way to solve this problem independent of GGI
    (not because I think it's a Bad Thing, just so that people have some
    choice). I think a new line discipline would be the cleanest, let's call it
    kbd and the only differences to tty are 1) there's a translation map and b)
    it's going to the fg tty of the attached set of consoles. Did I forget
    something important??

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.019 / U:78.120 seconds]