SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
Date
>    I assume what you are actually doing is making your GGI-Keyboard a
> line discipline in itself like PPP, SLIP, tty - which is nice and clean
>
> A line discpline in itself is *not* clean, since it would require
> replicating the N_TTY code in their line discpline.

Nothing at the moment stops a line discipline calling another line
discipline so long as its careful how it sets it up. Its not something
you can do sanely for the general case but you can do it cleanly
for the specific case and it avoids conditionals in the N_TTY paths

> not understanding what they're trying to do, but I see some real
> problems here.

Yes. I dont think careful stacking is one here having reread the code
again.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:1.507 / U:0.008 seconds]