    SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
    Hi,

    > > 2) It touches things it should not touch. It replaces big parts of
    > > drivers/char. I know that keyboard etc. are somehow related to
    > > graphics, but you really do not want to _replace_ low level
    > > drivers. This way, ggi being config option would mean having drivers
    > > twice.
    >
    > Yes, well, I am not _the_ kernel hacker of GGI, but I have had it
    > explained to me that it was necessary to be able to send keycodes etc to
    > the right head/window/app/whatever. I will forward to those responsible.

    I'm not sure about the current state of GGI drivers, but the last time
    I've looked at the GGI driver replacements, I suspected GGI from having
    exactly the same sharing problems between keyboard and PS/2 mouse I've
    fixed a long time ago in the mainstream kernel. I think GGI should re-use
    existing kernel code as much as possible (e.g., the keyboard driver is now
    cleanly separated between low-level [arch-dependent] and high-level
    [generic -- the keymaps etc.] parts and the low-level part seems to be
    ready for use even in EvStack environment).

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
    "A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep."