    SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
    Date
    > Yes, you have to go indirect on a network.  But if you were going over the
    > network, you probably weren't expecting any performance anyways.

    Gigabit lan DMA versus main memory - latency yes bandwidth is ceasing to be
    an issue

    > >So I put it in a mitshm object, it arrives with 0 copies, its blasted into
    > >the video card. Next question 8)
    >
    > Umm... You still have to copy the data from the application, into the
    > shared memory and then out from the shared memory into the video card.
    > This sucks three times the system memory bandwidth of going out of the
    > application memory directly to the video card. Am I missing something?

    Existing hardware on all Linux supported platforms barring SGI. Nobody
    else has hardware video contexts. So the PC case is always going to be
    2 (not 3) times as bad - I can compute in my mitshm object thanks

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:32.884 seconds]