    SubjectRe: 2 Questions about Linux
    Perry Harrington wrote:

    > Does free software have "brand loyalty"? Does RedHat keep existing customers
    > because they are RedHat loyal or because it's a technically superior product?
    > (That was just an example, not a specific taste/preference) In other words,
    > do people choose one free software product over another because it's a superior
    > item, or because they have a sense of loyalty to that product?

    Without a doubt. I know people who are _very_ loyal to RedHat, because they enjoy
    the support, etc. Personally, I don't like the way the RH system is layed out, and
    I don't really have a need for the graphical runlevel editor, etc. I use Slackware
    because it is very flexible- but, it does not have as much vendor support, and does
    not come with as much software as RH or Debian, so it takes longer to set up a full
    Slackware Linux box. I think Debian is a good compromise, and I'm in the process of
    evaluating it.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.017 / U:158.688 seconds]