SubjectRe: Reproducible crash under 2.1.86 [solved and fixed]
Date
> This fix things fine for me. What' s your /proc/dma? I only have the AWE32
> as device that uses dma (and the hd of course but no problem from it). If
> you have other devices that uses dma it can be that that crash your
> system.
>
> Is it definitely an hardware bug? Does we should replace our motherboard
> (again in my case) or this can be called a feature and fix the kernel for
> it?

Its always hard to tell. You may want to see if instead of fixing the cause
you can fix the problem. Put the dma calls back in but add some check code
to make sure no DMA handling functions are getting re-entered in error. Also
see if putting udelay(2) between each write to the DMA controller makes any
difference.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.055 / U:0.632 seconds]