    SubjectRe: 3940UW Driver Locks the Machine
    Topi Miettinen wrote:
    > Doug Ledford writes:
    > > Especially when you consider that without the code, the driver went into an
    > > abort/reset loop continually resetting the drive because it was failing on
    > > tagged commands. The drives in question were IBM DFS series drives shipped
    > > by Sun and Apple.
    > Sounds familiar (abort/reset loop with IBM DPES & DFHS). We've fixed a lot
    > of problems by disabling tagged queuing and disconnection. I really, really
    > hate 'aborting command due to timeout blah blah'. Can anyone recommend a
    > hard drive manufacturer which sells 100% OK drives?

    Those drives are usually fine once you use something like scsiinfo to go
    into the mode page and un-set the DQue bit.

    Doug Ledford <>
    Opinions expressed are my own, but
    they should be everybody's.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.027 / U:34.292 seconds]