SubjectRe: 3940UW Driver Locks the Machine
Date
Doug Ledford writes:
> Especially when you consider that without the code, the driver went into an
> abort/reset loop continually resetting the drive because it was failing on
> tagged commands. The drives in question were IBM DFS series drives shipped
> by Sun and Apple.

Sounds familiar (abort/reset loop with IBM DPES & DFHS). We've fixed a lot
of problems by disabling tagged queuing and disconnection. I really, really
hate 'aborting command due to timeout blah blah'. Can anyone recommend a
hard drive manufacturer which sells 100% OK drives?

-Topi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans