SubjectRe: Good news for SPARC/Linux
In message <199812080703.SAA07457@vindaloo.atnf.CSIRO.AU>, Richard Gooch
writes
:
+-----
| I don't know what to make of this statement. When I first read it, it
| sounded like they are helping port Linux to the UltraSparc. But
| UltraPenguin is already available! So what are they actually going to
| help with?
+--->8

It's available, but hardware support is still rather iffy in a number of
cases, especially with newer PCI-based machines. And 64-bit userspace isn't
even near ready yet.

--
brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu